Sales and procurement co-ordinator
Location: Birkenhead, CH41 9BA
Hours: Full time (08.00 – 16.30, Monday – Friday)
Job specification: Star International is looking for a sales and procurement officer to join an established team, based in the company’s Birkenhead office.
The role will see you managing enquiries from start to finish, liaising with customers to process quotation requests, raising orders and working with our warehouses and manufacturers / suppliers to ensure customers receive value and a quality service.
This is varied and busy role that would suit someone with previous sales administration experience within the marine sector.
Key responsibilities include:
- *Fielding in-bound calls and emails from customers, dealing with requests for quotations across a range of Star International’s products and services.
- *Creating quotations and processing orders using Sage 50 Accounts.
- *Liaising with customers, manufacturers and colleagues to ensure order fulfilment.
- *General administration duties
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- *Previous experience of working in the marine sector (essential)
- *Administrative experience in a sales support role (essential)
- *A knowledge of marine products and services (essential)
- *A knowledge of welding products (highly desirable)
- *A working knowledge of Sage Accounts (desirable)
What we are offering:
- *20 days holiday per annum + bank holidays. Annual leave allowance increases with accrued service.
- *Contributory pension
- *Opportunities for professional development and progression within a growing team
- *Salary dependent on experience + overtime earnings available + discretionary bonus
How to apply
About Star International - Worldwide marine and offshore services
Star International is an established supplier to the maritime sectors worldwide, servicing a diverse client base that includes leading cruise and ferry operators, shipping companies, shipyards, commercial ports and military organisations.
Key areas of provision include; liferaft service and repair, marine chemicals, fuel treatment, refrigeration, welding, marine safety, firefighting, Rigid Inflatable Boats (RIBs) and ship-wide disinfection solutions.