The successful candidate will be able to work independently and as part of a team, delivering exceptional customer service with a ‘safety first’ attitude. They will be able to service a wide range of firefighting equipment and fire detection systems (preferable).
- Extensive experience of working on all firefighting equipment (FFE) including fire detection systems, fire extinguishers etc.
- Ability to work independently, proactively planning jobs to ensure all necessary equipment and supplies are available to meet customer expectations.
- A FULL UK driving licence.
- A willingness to travel.
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal.
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills: Word /Excel /Outlook.
- BAFE – fire qualification.
- Enhanced driving licences (for example, ADR, FLT) would be advantageous.
What are we offering?
- Competitive salary – negotiable depending on experience.
- Generous overtime and overnight allowance.
- Up to 33 days including bank holidays with accrued service.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Free onsite car parking.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Opportunities to receive accredited certification for training.
- Further opportunities to work in a diverse environment for continued professional development.
Am I eligible?
In order to apply, you will need to meet the below minimum requirements:
- Aged 21 or above at the point of application.
- Eligible to live and work in the UK.
Please be aware that this is a physically demanding role based on ships and offshore assets mostly in the UK with some overseas work. Successful candidates will be expected to be flexible to meet the demands of the customer in a fast-paced environment and adapt to business demands.