Star International is a specialist in Marine Safety Products and Services, with over 80 years experience in this industry. We pride ourselves on our reliability and our exceptionally high standard of customer service. With this mission in mind we have been successfully growing year on year and have a strategic future planned to continue this growth.
If you are passionate about customer service & satisfaction, attention to detail and would like to join an organisation with exciting future prospects please read on to see if any of the vacancies would be suitable for you.
Fire Technician – Southampton
Star International is recruiting for an experienced Fire Technician to join our expanding team in Southampton. The successful candidate will be working on a range of vessels located in ports across the south coast and in continental Europe, servicing fire suppression equipment.
The successful candidate will have:
- 3-5 years’ experience working with fire suppression systems, fire extinguishers, emergency escape sets (EEBD) and Breathing Air (BA) sets (experience onboard ships is not essential).
- The ability to instruct the customer in the correct use of systems and complete documentation on completion of inspections.
- A clean driving licence.
What we are offering:
- 20 days holiday per annum + bank holidays. Annual leave allowance increases with accrued service.
- Contributory pension
- Opportunities for professional development and progression within a growing team
- Salary dependent on experience + overtime earnings available