Fuel Polishing and Conditioning
A fuel polishing and conditioning service that uses unique filtration and chemical technology to decontaminate and recover spoilt fuel supplies.
Fuel polishing is the most effective means available to salvage contaminated fuel, and works by removing contaminants including moisture, bacteria, sediment, sludge and particles from the fuel mix.
Our service uses a unique filtration system that can be integrated permanently into a vessel’s fuel system, or ‘linked’ from the quayside to condition on-board fuel supplies whilst in port or dry dock. Filtration can be achieved from 10 microns, down to 0.5 microns, with treated fuel returned to the vessel within BS EN fuel standards.
- Salvage contaminated fuel on-board and in bunkering facilities.
- Avoid costly waste disposal charges and costs related to replacing contaminated fuel.
- Extend the shelf life of fuel in ship’s storage tanks.
- Minimise fuel system downtime, maintenance costs and component wear.
- Realise improved fuel efficiency.