Star Bilge Water Flocculant is a very effective liquid treatment based on polyaluminium chloride (PAC) to separate oil residues from bilge water. It is iron-free, and is completely safe to the environment.
International environmental regulations set strict rules as to the oil content in effluent water from ships. To meet these regulations, a combination of mechanical and chemical cleaning is necessary.
Star Bilge Water Flocculant is used in combination with multistage bilge water cleaning systems that include mechanical separation of free oil, emulsion breaking, flocculation and filtration.
After dosing, it breaks the oil-in-water emulsion created by contaminants in lubricating and fuel oils, emulsifying cleaning agents etc. It then destabilises the remaining small oil droplets and agglomerates them into larger particles (flocs) that are easily collected by filtering.
- Cost-effective bilge water treatment based on specially selected Poly Aluminium Chloride.
- Iron-free. Completely safe to the environment.
- Acts by both breaking the oil-in-water emulsion and by building flocs.
- Helps to meet environmental regulations on oil content. Discharged water normally contains less than 3 ppm oil.
- Remaining oil sludge can be burned onboard or pumped ashore-contains very little water.
- Low dosage, economical use.
- Effective over an extended pH-range. Eliminates the use of pH-stabilising chemicals.
- 25 ltrs (00920031)