Star One Shot Boiler Water Treatment (BWT) is a liquid blend of alkaline mineral salts, sequestering agents, scale and corrosion inhibitors, oxygen scavenger and sludge conditioner.
- Correct precipitation of hardness salts in conjunction with phosphate.
- Neutralisation of acid conditions.
- Avoidance of caustic corrosion.
- Control of magnesium and calcium salts.
Suitable for use with:
- Auxiliary boilers.
- Waste heat boilers economisers.
- Package boilers.
- Smoke & water tube boilers steam/steam generators.
- Up to 30 bar pressure.
- Complete ‘one shot’ liquid conditioning treatment.
- Boiler kept at peak level efficiency.
- Heating surfaces kept clean, so optimum conditions exist.
- Promotes protective films to prevent boiler steel corrosion.
- Dispersant action suspends sludge and sediment particles for efficient blowdown.
- Reduced maintenance.
- Oxygen scavenging for increased protection.
The alkalinity ‘balance’ is extremely important for efficient water treatment. Star One Shot provides this whilst avoiding excessive pH levels which could cause embrittlement and corrosion of boiler components.
Star One Shot provides a phosphate reserve to effectively react with and precipitate the hardness salts introduced with the feed water. The formation of insulating scale on hot metal surfaces is prevented as the salts produced will not adhere and so optimum heat transfer efficiency is maintained.
The stable phosphate compounds used in Star One Shot will maintain their efficiency throughout the boiler’s normal operating temperature range. Where low temperatures can cause low phosphate levels, this is avoided.
Boiler sludge can most easily be removed by blow down if it is free flowing. Star One Shot will ensure this by preventing the scale from coalescing to form large crystals or adhering to metal surfaces. The resulting sludge is free flowing & will easily be removed by blow down when required.
Oxygen scavenging becomes more vital with an increase in boiler pressure. The oxygen scavenger will effectively react with dissolved oxygen even at lower temperatures.
- 25 ltrs (00950005)