Star Organic Inhibitor is a liquid, nitrite/borate based compound with organic corrosion control in re-circulating water systems.
It combines and reacts with sludges, scale and rust deposits found in incorrectly-treated cooling systems and will ensure their gradual removal in all but the most severely fouled systems.
Effective for all the common ferrous and non-ferrous metals in cooling water systems using distilled or freshwater, the stable microfilm coating prevents corrosion due to electrolytic action between dissimilar metals used in the system.
Star Organic Inhibitor was developed to overcome the inherent difficulties sometimes experienced by using chromate treatments and soluble oils. It has been field tested and found to have no detrimental effects on non-metallic substances such as seals, glands, packing, hoses, and gaskets etc., normally used in these systems.
The compound is alkaline and so will suppress acid-based corrosion, which would otherwise result in corrosion damage such as pitting. However, the alkalinity control is such that even if the product is accidentally overdosed, the pH of the water will remain within limits, so the metals which would be affected by extremes of alkalinity or acidity are protected.
Suitable for treating
- Diesel engine cooling water systems.
- Compressor cooling water systems.
- Centralised cooling systems.
- Hot water heating systems.
- Chilled water systems.
- Transformer cooling systems.
- Fresh water ballast tanks.
- Liquid means ease of application and economy of use.
- By depositing a microfilm on the metal surfaces, electrolytic corrosion is prevented.
- Controls deposit formation and sludge.
- Non-chromate product.
- Effective against cavitational erosion.
- Compatible with non-metals such as hoses, gaskets and seals.
- Maintains constant pH levels so metals such as copper and brass are not affected by high pH.
- Compatible with permanent types of antifreeze.
- Simple control tests.
- 25 ltrs (00950001)