The XRF on-board sulphur tester is a high precision D4294 sulphur content analyser that allows marine operators to confirm the sulphur content of fuel. This on-board solution provides fast, accurate analysis and provides the data required to ensure compliance with IMO regulations.
The XRF Onboard Sulphur Tester delivers fast and precise sulphur testing with a limit of detection as low as 0.0050%, meaning it is effective for confirming fuels used within and outside of Emission Control Areas (ECA’s).
- Recognised sulphur analysis method – providing lab quality results
- Wide analytical range – Confirms sulphur content from 0.01% to 5%
- Easy to use – minimum sample preparation
- Robust and compact– Designed for the marine environment
- Portable – Testing can be completed anywhere
- Recognised testing methodology – Complies with ASTM D4294, ISO 8754, and IP 336
The XRF on-board sulphur tester provides laboratory quality results and relies on methodologies that are approved for marine fuel testing in the concentration range of 0.01%-5%.
The analyser uses intuitive software and can be operated by crew on-board ship with minimal training.
The units robust stability has been tested through continuous measurement of standard NIST fuel oil sample 1619b (0.698%) within the temperature range from 10 °C to 30 °C.
With corrected net counts, the calibration covers the whole range of marine application with one linear curve, ensuring robust calibration with precise sulphur analysis.