The FRB-700 rigid inflatable fast rescue boat is designed for rescue operations on the high seas and is SOLAS certified. The deck layout is designed for 3 crew members, who have two jockey seats, a fanny pack for the pilot, a leaning post for the pilot, and a stretcher.
The deck is made of a reinforced fibreglass board and treated with a non-slip and fireproof coating. It is equipped with a 220HP Yanmar inboard diesel engine and a Hamilton Water Jet propulsion system. Fuel is supplied via a 200L under deck fuel tank, which allows for an average endurance of 4 hours and maximum speed of 32 Kn. The A Frame located at the rear incorporates a self-righting system, a radar reflector, a life buoy and navigation lights.
- Wide steering console protects the pilot from wind and spray, with enough space for the installation of state-of-the-art electronic equipment and engine room.
- Quick release firing hook installed.
- Single point hoisting system with a Henriksen quick release mechanism allows for a swift and stable deployment and retrieval.
- Arc of lights located aft, has installed an inflatable self-righting system, the radar antenna, reflector, lifebuoys and navigation lights.
- ‘V’ shape hull allows a good wave pass and easy manoeuvring in turns, with a reinforced frame and floor system, which provide more resistance and durability.
- Transom has a built-in hatch, which facilitates visual checks of the turbine, as well as bilge pumps for self-draining of the hull.
FRB-700 main uses
- Search & rescue operations with visual and electronic aids
- Patrol & surveillance
- Helicopter lookout on rescue operations
- Fast sea rescue
- Grouping and towing of liferafts
- Emergency interventions
|Engine||Yanmar 220hp SOLAS|
|Propulsion||Hamilton HJ213 Waterjet|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||220L|
|Engine Endurance||4 hr|
|PAX Capacity||7 PAX (including crew) + 1 stretcher|
|Lightship Weight||1.656 kg|
|Max. Authorised Load||890 kg|
|Load Displacement||2.546 kg|
|Designation||SOLAS Rigid Inflated Fast Rescue Boat|