RS-24 is an easy-to-use drop-in replacement for R12 and R134A. There is no need to change the existing lubricant in the system, thereby avoiding a costly retrofit. RS-24 also provides a long-term solution to replacing R12 in most applications such as hermetic and semi-hermetic systems, domestic refrigerators, refrigerated transport, cold stores, cellar cooling, dairy chillers, vending machines and mobile air conditioning.
- A Global Warming Potential (GWP) of 1509
- Suitable for all applications including mobile air conditioning
- No need to change the existing lubricant avoiding expensive retrofit
- Avoids risks associated with a ‘dirty retrofit’ using R134a and mineral oil
- The use of RS-24 enables oil return to the compressor
- No hardware changes required
- Avoids the use of hygroscopic and costly synthetic lubricants
- Lower discharge temperatures
- Zero Ozone Depletion Potential
- An almost perfect performance match to replace R12 in vehicle air conditioning
- Available in returnable and disposable cylinders
- Suitable for new and existing plant and equipment
- Easy to recycle
- Drop-in and long-term R12 replacement
The properties of RS-24 make it an almost perfect match for R12 with its compatibility for traditional and synthetic lubricants, similar performance, lower discharge temperature, non-flammability and relatively short atmospheric lifetime. Performance relative to R12 is illustrated in charts 1, 2 and 3. It is this combination of properties which makes RS-24 unique as a replacement for R12 on the market today.
RS-24 can be used safely with both the traditional and new synthetic lubricants, and consequently there is no need to change the oil when replacing R12. RS-24 eliminates the risk of a compressor burn-out which can occur by simply replacing R12 with R134a without reducing the mineral oil content in the system to the recommended maximum 5%. The solubility of RS-24 in mineral oil enables oil return to the compressor.