RS-51 is a non-flammable, non-toxic, zero ODP blend which is a low GWP replacement for R404A and R507.
With a GWP less than a quarter that of R404A and R507, RS-51 is an excellent replacement for R404A and R507 which results in a lower carbon footprint. RS-51 also has a GWP which is just over half that of R448A or R449A.
- Global Warming Potential (GWP) less than 80% of R404A
- GWP less than 45% of R448A and R449A
- Higher efficiency than R448A & R449A
- Non-flammable & low toxicity
- Suitable in OEM & retrofit applications
- Similar cooling capacity
- Similar discharge temperature to R404A
- Minimal changes to hardware
- Compatible with lubricants used with R404A and R507
- Similar cooling capacity and energy efficiency to R404A
- Mass flow equivalent to R448A & R449A
- Zero Ozone Depletion Potential
RS-51 is compatible with all materials commonly used in systems that were designed and charged with R404A and R507. In general, materials which are compatible with R404A can be used with RS-51. It is recommended to check equipment manufacturer’s retrofit literature and obtain recommendations from equipment manufacturers with regard to materials’ compatibility.